It is very important that you read and understand these policies. All guests must adhere to them.
The PAYING PARTY is responsible for any and all charges incurred during the reservation under its name whether that party is a guest or not. It is the responsibility of the GUEST PARTY to review the following policies and alert Port Gamble Guest Houses staff immediately if it is unable or unwilling to honor them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-447-8473.
Reservations are handled on a first come first served basis and are only confirmed with a deposit. We cannot hold any dates until we have received your deposit. While these deposits are non-refundable, they can be applied towards a future stay with us should your plans change.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards. We also accept checks and cash in US currency and drawn from a US bank. Checks must be made payable to Port Gamble Guest Houses. Foreign currency and checks drawn on non-US banks will not be accepted.
When you are ready to reserve, contact us directly and we will provide you with the methods for making a deposit.
High Season Dates - 2 night minimum stay
- Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend
- Wednesday through Saturday of Thanksgiving week (low season rates but 2-night minimum)
- December 23 - January 1 (low season rates but 2-night minimum)
Check our online availability calendar (updated daily) to see if your desired dates are available.
To make a reservation, contact us at: email@example.com or 360-447-8473.
All deposits are non-refundable. However, you are more than welcome to change your reservation date at any time prior to your arrival date. Under that circumstance, your deposit can be applied towards the new reservation. Cancellations requested on the day of your arrival (or if you are a no-show) will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
Occupancy limits are one of our most important policies because they are set by the Washington State Department of Health.
- Guest House 1: 10 people
- Guest House 2: 8 people
If additional occupancy is required in the Guest Houses ONE RV or ONE CAMPER (no hookup) for overnight use sleeping no more than 5 persons is permitted with each house for $25/night and $125/week additional. Tents used to increase occupancy may sleep a maximum of 5 guests with each house for $10/night and $50/week PER PERSON additional.
Guests using an RV or camper and/or tents are responsible for their own linens (including towels).
Please be aware that overnight RV parking for additional vehicles is not available on our property or in town. Violators may be ticketed and/or towed. Please visit Kitsap Memorial State Park for nearby RV/camper accommodations.
These policies are strictly enforced. Violations of these policies will result in additional fees.
Use Capacity Limit
Use capacity is the total number of people the houses can support temporarily (e.g. for an event). Port Gamble Guest Houses' historic homes cannot support large events/parties. The houses have an enforced guest “use capacity limit” which includes registered guests:
- Guest House 1: 15 including registered guests
- Guest House 2: 12 including registered guests
When the grounds are not used, we recommend parties exceeding these numbers contact Port Gamble Events at 360-297-8074 for use of larger Port Gamble facilities. In addition, all weddings must be arranged through Port Gamble Events.
When the grounds are used, a maximum of 30 guests may attend an event with the rental of Guest Houses 1 and 2. Please respect the use capacity limit inside the houses. A portable toilet is required for use by the balance of guests when an event number exceeds the maximum occupancy limit. Port Gamble Guest Houses can assist you with arranging this service. The fee for this is $275 and is non-taxable.
There will be a $400 damage deposit – processed within 7 days of checkout – for parties that exceed the maximum occupancy limit.
Please note that smoking (including vaping) is prohibited anywhere on any of our properties.
Check in/out Times
Check in is between 3 pm and 5 pm. Check out is by 11 am. Guests checking out after 11 am will incur a half day charge at the daily rate. However, if you require an early arrival or late departure, we recommend inquiring about availability when you place your reservation. We do charge for this (see Rates). Please be aware that this is subject to availability. For instance, if the next guests are arriving on the day of your departure, then a late departure would not be available. Note that the cost of this option is less when purchased in advance.
The grounds around the houses extend to the white picket fence which marks the property. Port Gamble is very busy with events spring and summer. Port Gamble management sites all events which may border the property and impact your event. Please visit www.PortGamble.com or contact the Port Gamble Events Coordinator at 360.297.8074 with your questions/concerns.
Pets (dogs only - limit of 2 per house) are allowed with prior notice and agreement to honor the conditions listed below. The fee is $10 per night per pet in the Guest Houses.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds. Pets are not to be bathed inside of the house.
- Pets must be under the supervision and voice control of their owners at all times. Under no circumstances are pets to be left unattended anywhere on the premises.
- Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet(s). Pet owners must not allow pets to disturb other guests.
- All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heart worm preventative is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and tick are common in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
- Use only the complimentary pet towels provided at check-in. Should you need more, please ask.
These policies are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The Guest House owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. We will charge your card for any damage caused by your pet or evidence of pets on furniture.
All we ask is that you return the houses to the condition in which they were when you checked in.
- Return all furniture (indoor and outdoor) and items to their original locations.
- Place all dirty dishes in and start the dishwasher.
- Garbage must be bagged and placed inside the appropriate containers outside of each house. Make sure the lids are closed securely and do not leave any garbage outside of the containers.
- Linens may be left on the beds and towels may be left in the bathrooms.
To redeem a gift certificate:
- You must mention that you have a certificate when placing your reservation. The certificate must be presented prior to or at check-in. Please note that a valid credit card is still required to hold your reservation.
- As with any reservation, those made using gift certificates are also subject to availability.
- Please note that gift certificates do not include cleaning fees, pet fees and taxes. The bearer of the certificate is responsible for paying these fees at check-in.
- You may book a date beyond the expiration date but the reservation must be made by the expiration date.
- Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash.
- If you have a gift certificate for more than one night, it can only be used for consecutive nights.
- If you have a gift certificate with a dollar value, the cost of your stay must be equal to or greater than the value of the certificate.
- The dollar value of the certificate can be applied towards a stay in any of our accommodations.
Our quiet hours are 10:00 pm to 8:00 am. Please be mindful of other guests as well as nearby communities who may be resting.
Use of the Grounds
Outdoor furniture, propane grills and outdoor fireplaces are for use June 1 through September 30 – except during burn bans. Use only wood kindling and artificial logs in the fireplaces. Guests are responsible for providing fire logs.
Bonfires, open fires and fireworks are strictly are prohibited in all areas including the beach at all times.